Wednesday, June 30, 2010

TD Takeaway of the Day:

I read a quote from a special ed teacher today that really struck me...
"I am constantly asking myself: What can I do for children? This simple yet profound question provides the focus I need when the going gets tough. This question keeps me in the mode of turning my passion into performance. I’m talking about purposeful performance that links my core values with an empathetic awareness of the views of those around me."

All children should be fortunate enough to have teachers who act, feel, think and teach in this way every day. All teachers should remember WHY they started teaching in the first place. And all parents, well, we just need to remember that this is a JOINT effort and we can get as much out of our kids, schools and teachers as we put into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment