Monday, June 28, 2010

Make it count

I found this quote today and I instantly connected with it.
"Do the difficult things while they are easy and do great things while they are small. A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."

What will your journey be? Can you take your family with you? What kind of journey are you showing you kids everyday? I realized that too often I forget that everyday is an opportunity for greatness. That's what I want to instill in my kids.

My own son has had his struggles finding his place - last year was one of his, and our, toughest so far. Watching him struggle in school, with friends, with transitions and with his own anxieties and fears broke my heart hourly. But, we found our voice. He found his voice. And we created and turned it into one of the best adventures to date. It was all part of finding out how strong we all were - and finding what our path was together. It led me to the journey I'm on now. I get to be the voice for so many other families that don't have one, can't find theirs, or simply have no idea how to have theirs heard.

Find your journey. Start today.

No comments:

Post a Comment